Troy Main Street Seeks Downtown Troy Farmer's Market Manager
The Troy Downtown Farmers Market is a project of Troy Main Street, Inc. that connects visitors and residents to locally grown and produced food and products, and attracts shoppers to downtown Troy. The Farmers Market is open on Saturdays during the summer season, mid-June through mid-September, from 9:00am-12:00pm. The Market Manager is hired on a part-time, short-term contract and oversees the recruitment of vendors and shoppers, compliance with health and safety standards, and operations of the market.
Contract Term: 8 months, February-September 2015 (eligible for renewal)
Employment Status: Part-time, 5-15 hours per week
Farmer’s Market Manager Responsibilities:
The Market Manager for the Downtown Troy Farmer’s Market is required to be on site Saturdays from 7:30 am until 12:30 pm unless approved by the Executive Director. He or she will manage the operations of the Farmers Market with following responsibilities:
- Direct operations for the Farmers Market including ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local rules and regulations, conduct farm visits, recruit and select vendors, be present at markets and maintain records.
- Assist with securing venue.
- Maintain and document Farmers Market policies and procedures.
- Organize, analyze and manage information and vendors.
- Create and manage Farmers Market related programming.
- Assist Troy Main Street in publicity and promotion of the Market via websites, Facebook, Twitter, newsletters or other appropriate communication channels.
- Ability to easily move around the Farmers Market and perform some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) including barricade set-up and removal, tent pitching, and carrying tables.
- Coordinate vendor relationships and volunteer support for market days.
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by December 31, 2014. If you have any questions, please contact the Troy Main Street office at 937-339-5455.
Thank you to the following businesses and organizations for their sponsorship of events presented by Troy Main Street in downtown Troy in 2014:
Patty Rose & Associates, Allstate Insurance | Alvetro Orthodontics | Unity National Bank | US Bank | Troy Ford | Erwin Chrsyler Dodge Jeep | Arbogast Buick GMC | Joe Johnson Chevrolet | F&P America | Koverman Staley Dickerson | Buckeye Insurance | Mauro Orthodontics | Upper Valley Hearing & Balance: Drs. Rudy, Lins, & Mercer | Miami County Visitors Bureau | Gordon Orthodontics | Subler Eyecare | Dr. Sims & Dr. Culp DDS | Troy Noon Optimists | Frontier Communications | Don Hubbard Jr. Roofing & Home Improvement | Minster Bank | The Organic Turf Company | Steve & Marty Baker | Troy Sports Center | Troy Tribune | WYSO | The Troy Foundation | The City of Troy